Saturday 16 December 2006

The webpage at the end of the internet

... pun not really intended, but they asked for it.


My muscles hurt even more than yesterday and my left arm and shoulder are beginning to feel really awkward, keeping them in the same position for days and nights at the time.

Now for some pictures of what's left of my gear ...

My textile winter gloves can be thrown away; the gloves burned through at the knuckles and left me with a small abrasion on my right little finger and on my left thumb.


No real visible damage to my leather trousers, apart from some dirt on the right leg and a kneeslider that got abraded in a manner that I had not foreseen (both were still intact before the accident).


The foam inside my helmet has been compressed while absorbing the shock; it can now no longer absorbe shocks, so it must be replaced. It's also abraded and it has lost the rear left air vent shutter.


My jacket has really suffered under the crash; if it would have been made from textile, I probably would have had much more open wounds on my body, judging from the state of my gloves and the state of this guy's gear.
Note the abrasions on the right shoulder and the right arm.


Backside of my jacket: abrasions along the entire length from collar to waist and the left arm; the right arm is dirty and also damaged on the elbow (not really visible).


I probably have the tough padding on elbows and shoulders to thank for my shoulder being only cracked and not shattered.

My boots, strangely enough, do not show much signs of having been present in the accident. Apart from some slight abrasions on the sides of the rubber soles, there's nothing that can't be remedied with some shoe polish.

No comments: