Friday 22 December 2006

Accident followup

A lot happened since my previous post; I received flowers from my coworkers, wishing me a quick recovery. Thank you guys!


I went to an orthopaedic surgeon this morning: I have to keep my arm in a sling for the next two weeks and in a few days I should start some shoulder exercises to get my rusted muscles going again.
The fracture will take at least five weeks to heal entirely.

I also went to my garage to receive some bad news in the form of a two-page list of defects. Insurancewise, my bike is a total loss: the repairs would cost exactly €40.51 less than what I paid for it new. However, there are a number of non-vital parts that can be removed from the list; all in a state ranging from slightly scratched to horrendously abraded.
The (very costly) things that really have to be changed include both front fork suspension units (€450 each), petrol tank (€600), steering bar (€430),
front mudguard (€140), ball head stuff (€100), and some other miscellaneous things. Plus VAT. Plus labour.


I'm currently in search for second-hand spare parts (especially petrol tank and front forks), so if you know some places...

No comments: