Sunday 14 January 2007

Flightcase nearing completion

The day of my accident, I had been working on my flightcase, doing the metalwork for the lid of my flightcase. I left off with all the metalwork done:


This weekend I bolted everything together and put on all the widgets: case corners, catches, carrying handle and hinges.
The bolts were a little too long, so I had to trim them down. I feared that this would become a bit of a labour-intensive job with a hacksaw, but I remebered in time I bought a Dremel-clone (Top Craft brand) a year ago or so. Don't you just love power tools:


The case has turned out deeper than I anticipated and that's because the carrying handle is rather large. I'm thinking of horizontally compartmentalizing the case so that I can put in more stuff.

The final result is now waiting for its paint job:

No comments: