Saturday 10 February 2007

The finished article

My flightcase is finished (since last weekend, but I didn't have time yet to take pictures).


I assembled it and did some foam cutting for housing disks. I used a piece of blue insulation panel (polystyrene or polyurethane foam or something) and finished it with a kind of self-adhesive black velours.


There are three cutouts for disks in the tray, one of which is currently in use. Until all three are filled, I use the space below for other stuff.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I have seen the flightcase in real life, and it does look much bigger on pictures than it actually is.

The pictures with the harddrive do give a better view.

Unknown said...

I did mean my previous comment as a compliment... :-)

It's not too big for containing hard disks, contrary to what I first imagined when looking at the pictures.

Anonymous said...

You used fiber board right? Is it lighter or stronger than plywood? I'm just wondering why you picked it over plywood. Anyway if you could get back to me that would be great because I'm think about doing a couple of large cases for my drums. If you go to my site my email is on there or you could just leave a comment on one of my blog post but yeah i'm just looking for adavice on building fligt cases because I really don't want to spend 1000 dollars on a flight casse but i want a decently strong case for my drums.
Thanks,
Sam
www.drumzoneblog.com